Tried and tested seasonal recipes from our country cookery school kitchen. As well as hacks and get ahead tips for EVERY cook.
Waste not, want not recipe ideas to make the most of your Halloween pumpkins.
- Chop and add to risotto and garnish with toasted pine nuts & sage
- Remove seeds and stuff hollow with spiced rice, top with cheese and breadcrumbs and bake
- Wipe seeds clean and toast with spices for snacking or to bake with bread and spiced cakes
- Combine with softened onions, garlic, carrot, cumin and ginger. Add prepared lentils and stock for an autumnal dahl
- Make pumpkin butter to gift
- Roast with cumin and coriander, blitz with softened leeks. Add tomato puree and stock for soup
- Peel and chop flesh. Cook with a little butter, cinnamon and brown sugar for a pie
- Puree with carrot and celeriac to serve as a side