We are thrilled to become the official Dorset stockist of genuine Manuka Direct Honey.
Since discovering this pure, laboratory tested and certified Manuka in 2021, we’ve become regular users. So we always make sure that there is a jar tucked away in the kitchen store cupboard.
Manuka tastes superb, on toasted sourdough or drizzled on porridge but we suggest trying it for anyone who suffers with sore throats. If you are unfamiliar with the genuine product, you will be amazed at how soothing and restorative pure Manuka can be. This is a monofloral honey and can be beneficial to the immune system and gut health.
Many of our friends with horses keep a pot in the stable first aid kit. A first line of defence against equine cuts and abrasions. Cleanse wound and apply a little Manuka for a swift recovery.
Read more about why ‘we LOVE Manuka Direct’ and the benefits of Manuka honey in our blog.
How to enjoy ‘Manuka Direct’, Manuka Honey:
- Create your own salad dressings with organic cider vinegar, Dijon mustard and your favourite oil.
- Make a light syrup using honey and apple juice to gently poach damsons, apricots or plums. Serve with granola for breakfast or with homemade ice-cream for dessert.
- Add a spoonful of honey to berry compotes alongside ricotta or yoghurt.
- Roughly chop a banana, blitz together with a teaspoon of honey, a few cacao nibs, a squeeze of lemon and your favourite chilled nut drink (or plant based milk alternative) to make a quick breakfast smoothie.
- Combine with lemon juice and fresh ginger. Pour over hot water for a soothing drink.
- Drizzle over a stack of buttermilk pancakes with creme fraiche or natural yoghurt on the side.
- At breakfast time, spread on homemade toasted sourdough or drizzle over porridge and add your favourite toasted nuts.
- Did you know that Manuka Honey has been tested to be beneficial to the immune system and gut health? Include a teaspoonful in your diet as part of your daily care routine.
- If you have horses, try keeping a pot of Manuka Direct Honey in your stable first aid kit. The honey can be used as a first line of defence against equine cuts and abrasions. Cleanse wound and apply a little ‘Manuka Direct’ Manuka Honey to aid recovery.
Read more about why ‘we LOVE Manuka Direct Manuka Honey’ and the benefits of Manuka honey in our blog.
‘Manuka Direct’ Manuka Honey from New Zealand is pure monofloral honey.
A complex honey produced by bees that pollinate the native Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium). This plant is part of the Tea Tree family.
Pure honey – not suitable for small children and babies.
Great Taste Award 2023
Recognised as a stamp of excellence and actively sought out by food lovers and retailers alike, Great Taste, organised by the Guild of Fine Food, values taste above all else.
All products in the line-up for judging are blind tasted: every product is removed from its packaging so it cannot be identified, before entering a robust, layered judging process.
This year, judging took place over 89 days in Dorset and London, with a panel of more than 500 judges putting the products to the test. The line-up saw food and drink products submitted from an extraordinary 109 different countries across the world.
Manuka Honey In The News
Manuka honey could be used in masks or personal protective equipment for troops.
Manuka honey has been hailed as the golden superfood said to ward off colds, heal wounds and banish sore throats. Now scientists at Porton Down plan to harness its antibacterial qualities by creating a manuka gas mask that could be crucial in defending against airborne biological and chemical attacks.
Ben Wallace, the Defence Secretary, has lodged a patent application that reveals the honey could be used to “capture and neutralise” poisonous toxins, chemicals and viruses.
England cricketer Moeen Ali sustained a horrible blister during the first Ashes Test at Edgbaston in June, but is back in the fold after using a special manuka lotion suggested by an NHS worker.
“I got home after the Edgbaston Test and a few days later I got a letter from a lady who said her husband is a big fan of mine,” he told BBC Sport.
“They were watching and saw the gash on my finger and thought the medi-honey would really help me. I tried it and it really healed my finger straight away.”