Bring some sunshine into your kitchen this Seville orange season and enter our marmalade competition. It is free to enter and everyone is welcome to get involved.
There will be a prize selected from our home store as well as a voucher to spend at La Fosse Cranborne for the winners. A presentation by Lord Shaftesbury will be made in the village hall during May 2021 (subject to COVID restrictions).
Simply select which class you would like to enter and download an entry form…
- Class 1 – Novice and beginners ‘first ever’ jar of homemade marmalade using our recipe.
- Class 2 – Fine cut Seville orange marmalade
- Class 3 – Medium cut Seville orange marmalade
- Class 4 – Thick cut Seville orange marmalade
- Class 5 – Any citrus marmalade with added ingredients
We are very grateful to award winning chef and Great Taste judge Mark Hartstone of La Fosse Cranborne and ‘Chettle Village Marmalade Competition winner 2020’ Nicky King, owner of the Three Wishes Sherborne who have both agreed to support this event and judge the entries.
- Class 1 – A selection of ‘bean to bar’ and single origin chocolates from All Hallows Farmhouse
- Class 2 – A voucher from La Fosse Restaurant with Rooms in Cranborne
- Class 3 – A voucher from Salamander Cookware in Wimborne
- Class 4 – A selection of natural toiletries from All Hallows Farmhouse
- Class 5 – A hand printed linen bread storage bag from All Hallows Farmhouse
Overall winner – A voucher from Gospa Citrus to receive a supply of new season Seville oranges in 2022 plus a baking hamper from All Hallows to include Mason Cash mixing bowl, Helen Round linen tea towel, Beech handled dough scraper, Sourdough starter complete with step by step sourdough baking guide, and a bar of All Hallows’ Farmhouse natural cooks soap with honey and fig.