Arrive at 10 am as we brew freshly ground coffee and make introductions. Or you make like to gather a group of four friends together and we can tailor an event especially for you.
There will be AGA toast of course, homemade butter and the chance to try our award-winning marmalade.
Then it will be time to pop your aprons on and we will start preparing a batch of marmalade.
During the day we will
- Taste a variety of marmalade
- Advise sourcing the best Seville oranges and ingredients
- Make a list of the kitchen equipment needed for the best results
- Sterilise jars and discuss the pros and cons of recycling
- Prepare oranges for preserving
- Demonstrate making a batch of marmalade
- Show you how to test for setting
A light, vegetarian lunch will be included along with refreshments throughout the course. You will also take home a recipe file and some Seville oranges that you will have prepared in the class, in readiness for you to make another batch of marmalade on your return home.
The class will draw to a close at 3 pm leaving you plenty of opportunity to explore the garden and enjoy a pot of Dorset tea and homemade marmalade cake before your journey.
What is included?
- Arrival coffee and unlimited refreshments during the class.
- A combination of ‘hands on’ cookery and demonstration in a small group (maximum four guests)
- You will take home – prepared oranges to make your own batch of marmalade and a recipe folder including hints and tips for your preserve making. Please bring a suitable container for your oranges.
This event is perfect for a group. Gather your friends together and we will create a day especially for you.